Thursday, October 16, 2008

Coupon Mom

Last week Oprah did a show on some money saving tips to help everyone affected by that dreaded word "economy." There were lots of ideas that were interesting including

--Trading furniture with a friend instead of buying new

--Unplugging everything when not in use. Computers, TV's, and all appliances. A woman claimed to save 60% on her power bill.

--Using Coupons. The "Coupon Mom" took a grocery list from costing $140.00 to $37.00.

There were some other ideas but the Coupon one is something I'm really interested in. The "Coupon Mom" had some good tips on her website, but I'm curious if anyone else does this and has a good system. I'd love any tips on this or other fun ways any family or friends are cutting back. I'm always looking for ways to save a buck or two. Although it is WAY more fun to spend them! :)

4 comments:

ShaLayne said...

I love to use coupons, but sometimes get lazy. I don't ever save that much money though. I wish I did. Maybe it's the stuff I'm buying. I love the couponmom.com website, and also pinchingyourpennies.com. They have a link that show's you which stores have the best deals of the week. Call me and I'll explain in more detail.

Cori White said...

ya i check out those websites that shalayne does.
last night i would of spent over 100.00 and got it for 43.. 60% savings.. that was my best so far.. it was mostly store savings though.. smiths will have the best deals prob.. we have a "frys" here.. they are owned by the same people. i get 3 sunday papers and cut all the coupons out.. organize them in a binder with baseball card holders. look at the adds for the week and make my list off of whats on sale. frys is tripling coupons so watch for that.. doubling and tripling up to 1.00.. so i had a coupon for .35 off betty crocker potatoes.. well they tripled the coupon and they were on sale from the store for 1.00.. so i got 3 for free.. its way fun and saves lots of mulah.. some stores will have more deals than others. i have a friend who goes to lots of stores but i havent gotten that involved yet. its fun! hope this helped. ya i saw that oprah i love it!

Marylin said...

Hey I just got an invite to a party that teaches you how to do it maybe you wanna come with and my sister does it too and saves a ton!!

Collette said...

Since we came to UT I've found a lot more websites with deals here and, frankly, a lot better sales! One week I looked at the LV Albertson's to see if it had the same sale as here, and it didn't! The coupon thing has been hard for me to adopt but it's fun when you stock up on a good deal. I was reading a blog today and they had a link to a coupon mom blog in LV. I immediately thought of you. I didn't look into it too much but it might be helpful!

shopsmartinvegas.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com