Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Don't you just love when . . . .

Don't you just love it when . . . .

. . . you get rid of two of your three kids and get all ready to go shopping and to the gym, then as you walk out the door the phone rings to let you know your son just threw up at his friends house.

. . . You bring that same son home so he can throw up on your floor.

. . . your sick child falls asleep and instead of going to the gym you get to do laundry and catch up on Dancing with the Stars.

. . . Kids always get sick at the worst time. Trunk or Treat is tonight.

. . . your husband signs you up to bring cornbread to the Trunk or Treat, but you have sick kids and he has to work, so you get to go alone with three tired/sick kids.

. . . your doorbell rings at 7:30 am as you are getting in the shower and it's the shutter installation guy here an hour early. (The shutters are awesome though--money well spent)

. . . your kids get really excited for something. Okay I admit I was more excited we ran right out yesterday to rent Tinkerbell the Movie. The whole family relaxed and watched it yesterday afternoon. I'm buying it, but Michael wants to save it for Christmas. Very cute movie! I loved fairy's as a little girl!

. . . your child decides suddenly that he doesn't want to be Batman, he wants to be a Baseball player and refuses to wear his costume later that night. We're in for a fun evening.

. . . you can just put everything off and waste time blogging!! :)

5 comments:

Marylin said...

My Mom bought Tinkerbelle for Grace and she hasn't stopped watching it since she got it unwrapped! It is such a cute movie, I agree! That stinks that your kids are sick, that is so not fun at all!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I feel like it's deja vu and we're living the same moments right now - and yes, in the middle of the chaos I end up blogging because it's the only thing I can think of to escape for a much needed moment!
BTW - we rented Tinkerbell also and love it! I'm wondering if they'll have another one made to show how she meets Peter Pan?

Lara said...

The flu seems to be going around. We've had it too. It came and went pretty quickly though. I hope the rest of us don't get it. I haven't even heard of this Tinkerbell movie, guess it's because I don't have girls.

TIM & MISTY said...

Okay, so ditto to the comment I wrote on Amy B's "If Only" blog! :) You sound like an awesome mom!

kate said...

Poor guy! Hope he's feeling better now! We love Shutter's as well (did you know that Graham does that here?) Hope all went well with your halloween festivities!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com