The kids and I were sooooo lucky to celebrate our daddy/hubby's day this weekend. Because of work we usually celebrate on Saturday, but since my kids Dad is so special we started on Friday night. I asked the kids what we could do special for Dad and what he really likes and they of course said BASEBALL! We headed off to a 51's game and it turned into a great game. It was a little warm, but nothing a snow cone couldn't solve. The kids had a blast especially Haley, she wanted to stay until the very last out and not a minute sooner.
Saturday we went out to Claimjumper for a late lunch/early dinner. It was delish and Michael got his favorite--Ribs. We all even had enough food for lunch today. We then spent the rest of the day playing the Wii. Hunter picked out a Monster Truck game and was delighted to just play with Dad for hours! Sunday was not to exciting, I made Michael get up early and help get kids ready. I was in super slow mode this morning then it was off to church. Haley sung with the primary in sacrament and there was a very proud Dad sitting in the congregation. I think that really made his day, Haley was so excited to sing then came and smothered Michael with hugs.
We are so lucky to have Michael! He is the BEST Dad and would do ANYTHING for his kids. I thank Heavenly Father everyday for being blessed with a good husband and father for my kids.
I must also pay tribute to my Dad. He is such a good example to me and I'm thankful that he raised me in the gospel and has always been there for me. It's a blessing to have two great men in my life that will always be there for me. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment