So last week I attempted my first 5K. I didn't do as well as I had wanted, but I'm not sure how well I wanted to do. I didn't really have any expectations except that I didn't want to die :) I envy all you out there that actually enjoy running. I keep trying to get to that point, but I really don't enjoy it. I did however enjoy the feeling of accomplishment at the end and I really would like to do it again. I ran with my neighbor Robyn, but she was a little quicker than me so I tried to push my self. At about the halfway mark a sweet lady came up from behind and gave me some words of encouragement. She was running about as fast as I was walking, but she said it was her 8th race and just reassured me how good it would feel at the end. She really lifted my spirits and I was able to run almost the rest of the way. I wanted to find her afterwards and thank her for her encouragement, but I couldn't find her. I probably would have walked the rest of the way if it weren't for her. She was my little race angel :) I look forward to doing another race and hopefully improving on my time a little. At least I have a goal now.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
The Run
So last week I attempted my first 5K. I didn't do as well as I had wanted, but I'm not sure how well I wanted to do. I didn't really have any expectations except that I didn't want to die :) I envy all you out there that actually enjoy running. I keep trying to get to that point, but I really don't enjoy it. I did however enjoy the feeling of accomplishment at the end and I really would like to do it again. I ran with my neighbor Robyn, but she was a little quicker than me so I tried to push my self. At about the halfway mark a sweet lady came up from behind and gave me some words of encouragement. She was running about as fast as I was walking, but she said it was her 8th race and just reassured me how good it would feel at the end. She really lifted my spirits and I was able to run almost the rest of the way. I wanted to find her afterwards and thank her for her encouragement, but I couldn't find her. I probably would have walked the rest of the way if it weren't for her. She was my little race angel :) I look forward to doing another race and hopefully improving on my time a little. At least I have a goal now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go!!!! Sounds like you did a great job. Finishing a race is always an achievement to be proud of. Next time I would love to join you...
Good job! The best part about any race is being done. It is always such a great sense of accomplishment. Training for races is a great way to get into running and have it be enjoyable. Especially when you have a friend to do it with. You should come to do the one in Richfield on the 4th:)
Wow! So proud of you...great job Alleen!!! So glad I have friends and family that runs these things for me, so I don't have to do it. :)
Post a Comment