So I think the Balloon Festival each summer is shaping up to be my favorite weekend in Panguitch. I love seeing the balloons each morning and the glow in the evening. This year my Mom and I started the day off running a 5K. It was so fun to do it together and even though I really can't stand that first mile, I was really glad I did it. Being able to do it with my Mom made it totally worth the sore muscles and tiredness. After the run we headed home to relax for 10 minutes then it was back to work. My Mom was in charge of a dinner for a funeral that day and let me just say--She AMAZES me! There was so much work involved and it ended up taking almost the entire day, but I didn't hear her complain once. In my eyes she is so Christlike and is a good example when it comes to compassion and service.
The rest of the day was spent enjoying the beautiful weather and a lot of front porch sitting. We went and walked main street just before dark and with snow cones in hand we watched the glow. The night ended with Peach Cobbler at Cowboy Smokehouse and 4 very tired kids.
Our little vacation this year was week packed with fun activities every day. Mom and Dad feel like we need a vacation to recover from this one, but it was totally worth it to see our favorite little people have fun! Can't wait until next year already!
1 comment:
I love the pictures!! Hopefully one day I can take my family to the balloon festival. :)
I also liked the top quote - thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment