Monday, July 12, 2010

Teaching Moments

Last night I got the kids tucked into bed at about 7:30. I waited for a while then thought everyone was asleep and ran to take a book to my neighbor. We got visiting and I was gone for maybe 20 minutes. I wasn't to worried, because I thought for sure the kids were out. I walked back in the door to find Haley and Hunter sitting on the couch crying. I felt AWFUL!! I'm not sure who got out of bed, but they woke the other one up and couldn't find me. I calmed them down and let them know that I would never leave them alone and that I was just outside for a minute. Haley said "Mom, we said a prayer that you'd come home."
As a Mom my heart was so happy. What a relief to know that my kids know that they can always turn to their Heavenly Father for comfort. It was short lived though when Hunter says (with big tears rolling down his cheeks) "Yeah Mom we said a prayer, but the Holy Ghost never came!"
He was so upset that the Holy Ghost didn't appear right away with Mom in tow. It was such a sweet moment when we could have a talk about prayer and the spirit. I hope they understand the way the spirit works a little better now and I'll take comfort that they do listen at church and not all information goes in one ear and out the other!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Oh, that is sad! And you are right, a great teaching moment:)

The Andersen Family said...

How can something so sad be so stinking cute at the same time!? Love it!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com