Thursday, May 8, 2008

Realizations

10 Things I'v realized this week . . . . .
1. Pennies and electrical sockets don't match. Hunter helped me realize this, and now he realizes it as well after about 20 minutes in the naughty chair. I'm just glad he's okay!
2. I love watching my kids play with each other when they don't know I'm looking. Haley was the princess and Hunter was the Prince. They danced beautifully at the ball.
3. I'm not good at multi-tasking. I about burned Harmon as I was trying to cook dinner, hold him, and visit with my neighbor.
4. I need to relax when it comes to messes. I let the kids get the play-dough out and the look of sheer joy on their faces made my day. I really hate cleaning it up, but it was fun to see them happy.
5. Michael and I are both much happier when we get the sleep we need. (Okay I've known this for a while)
6. I am incredibliy average, or some people are just really lucky--especially when it comes to Bunco. I score right in the middle every time, but it's still fun to have a night out.
7. I'm living vicariously thru Haley--I have her enrolled in two dance classes. Ballet and Tap on Tuesday's and Hip Hop on Wednesday's. She's learning the cutest hip hop dance to The Hokey Pokey. I miss my dancing days. (Oh to be young and skinny again)
8. I spoiled Hunter way to much before Harmon got here--He still won't sleep thru the night, even though Harmon is.
9. I'm majorly out of shape. I did my Firm workout for the first time in quite a while and had a hard time making it thru the warm up.
10. I'm not a very good cook--I got a recipe for Salsa from my neighbor and bought fresh cilantro and garlic for the first time. I had to look up online how to cut them both up. I am a bland Utah cook that doesn't use any spices. I'm happy to say the Salsa turned out really good though. Now new challanges are ahead.

3 comments:

kate said...

Hey cute mama!
Your little Harmon is so cute! I really like his name too ( does it have any significance ?) I can't believe that how big your extended family is getting as well. So many cousins for your kids to play with. That's great!

Michelle said...

Ooooo yum. Cilantro is my favorite.

Heather said...

I laughed hysterically at your post! To me you are still the skinny dancer chick from high school, I don't know you as anything else...I guess that makes me the heavy metal girl who likes to drag main....I can't even tell you how not me that is, but there you go! Heather



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com