Sunday, November 2, 2008

Saturday is a Special Day

Okay so everyone knows the Primary song . . . Saturday is a special day it's the day you get ready for Sunday. You wash your clothes and shop at the store so you don't have to work until Monday.
I'm not really sure of the words, but it is so true. Last night I actually laid out the kids clothes, decided what we were having for dinner, and had the kids asleep at a decent time. We had a meeting with the Bishop at 8:30 am and we actually made it on time. We even got a soft seat in the chapel. I guess I better start being better prepared on Sunday Morning for early church. I better not brag to much though because an extra hour of sleep sure does help. I LOVE falling back an hour!!!!
What you may ask did the Bishop want? We made it about 3 weeks without a calling, but were called as the Cub Committee Chairpeople :) I was really excited until I started thinking about planning a pinewood derby, and blue and gold. Then tonight I found out that we are responsible for the "Friends of Scouting Food Drive" that starts this week. Yeah! Our ward doesn't even have lists of the boys yet. I guess I better get on my knees for a little extra help! I'm really excited though, it will be a good learning experience!

3 comments:

Lara said...

You will be awesome at your new calling! I am impressed at your positive attitude about a scouting calling (most people dread it). Your ward is lucky to have you!

Heather said...

Way to be prepared! You are made for a scouting calling! Been there done that, you will have fun.

Danielle said...

I can't believe you are back in Cub Scouts. Cute background it looks familiar..... :)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com