Sunday, November 9, 2008

Soccer, Bull Riding, and Family

Wow I need a weekend to recover from my weekend! It started on Thursday with my cousin Ryan and Becky coming to spend the night so they could fly off on their cruise the next day. It was fun to see them and I wish we had more time to visit, but I spent most of their visit kneeling to the porcelain throne. I will spare the details of that horrible night, but must say a huge THANK YOU to Michael for giving them a ride to the airport and taking the girls to pre-school so I could have the morning to recover. I really think Mom's should have special powers that keep them from ever getting sick! Friday my brother Troy and his 2 boys Ty and Konner came down for a visit. We went to the PBR--Professional Bull Riding. It was a blast! The kids loved every minute of it. Hunter laughed at the clowns even though he didn't understand most of their jokes and Haley just wanted the bulls to keep coming. "Bugger Butt" was her favorite, hey what kid wouldn't love that name! I wish I had more pictures, but we are having camera issues, so I only got a few.


Saturday was Haley's last soccer game which was very sad, we have had so much fun watching her and she has gotten better with each game. She scored 3 goals and was disappointed that she didn't get more. Luckily there was a BYU game on after soccer so we came home to watch that and chow down on some wings. I had a little rest, which I needed, I HATE being sick! We then headed to the strip to see some lights and the water show. We haven't been down there forever! After dealing with traffic it reminded me why we don't go up there much. Dinner at California Pizza Kitchen at Town Center ended the night. We had some very tired kids, but they had fun playing together. It was so fun to hang out with Troy--I have always looked up to him so much and it was nice to spend some time playing and visiting. He is a good Dad and I consider him not only my brother, but a great friend.
Ty, Haley, Konner, and Hunter at the Gardens at the Bellagio--They were all decked out for Fall.
Troy and His Cute Kids

2 comments:

Lara said...

What a fun weekend. I totally agree about needing time to recover from fun weekends. You always pay for it. I know Vegas is full of garbage, but you gotta love the fun venues (shows, rodeos, and such) and not to mention the shopping. Your brother looks the same, I haven't seen him forever. I do remember when they were all on the news once, going to Iraq. I am glad they are all same and home.

Rebekah said...

Man I miss ya. It has really been forever! I think the last time I saw you was at the Pageant in Manti, right?
You look great. Hope things are going good for you.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com