Monday, December 8, 2008

We Made IT!!


Well we made it 7 whole years. Yes today is our 7th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. It hasn't always been easy, but it is definitely worth it. I feel so lucky to have Michael in my life. He provides for our family, honors his priesthood, and is the BEST Dad! He is also VERY patient when dealing with me and all my emotions and other annoying quirks. I'm glad he's not gotten sick of me yet, especially when we have eternity to go! Here's a little spotlight on him--I have to brag!

What is his name? Douglas Michael Nelson. But he goes by his middle name, Michael.

How long have you been together? Married 7 years and dated for about 10 months before that

Who eats more? Him, definitely!

Who said I Love You first? Michael did and I was so glad! I had wanted to say it for a while, but was to chicken.

Who is taller? Him of course. He is constantly teasing me about my height

Who sings better? He says me--but I bet he could sing if he tried

Who is smarter? He thinks I am, but like I've said before he is filled to the brim with information. I usually say it's useless information, but it comes in helpful whenever we play trivia games. He is very intelligent!

Who does the laundry? Me, but he tells me all the time that he'll do his own. I turn to him for all stain treatment. He can get a stain out of almost everything. (he's good at it because he spills on himself all the time :)

Who pays the bills? He used to do all the bills, then I took over to help relieve some stress from him and now we're in debt. No wonder he was always stressed!

Who mows the lawn? Fake grass is the best!

Who cooks dinner? I do most of the time, but he can make some Good Tacos and he is good on the grill.

Who drives? We take turns most of the time, but when we're traveling out of town he usually drives, because he goes way faster than I do. I usually keep it at about 5 over the limit and he likes go faster than that.

Who is more stubborn? We are both pretty stubborn when we get something stuck in our heads.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me first, but I really wanted him to! We were in front of my apartment on a Sunday night as he was heading back to Vegas. We did the long distance thing for a long time and it was wonderful when we were married and didn't have to do it anymore.

Who asked who out first? Blind Date. Our friends Jeremy and ShaLayne set us up and we had a nice time so he called me a few days later and asked me out again. I was excited to go out with him again and he came to Cedar City for our second date.

Who proposed? Michael did and I thought it would never happen! I was so excited--we lived 2 1/2 hours away from each other and I just wanted to be with him all the time.

Who wears the pants? He definitely wears the pants, but I steal them once in a while. He is the leader in our house, but I must say I fight him on a lot of things and he is usually right. (I do have my moments though)

I love him very much and hope we have many more happy years to come!

10 comments:

Marylin said...

Happy Anniversary!! That is awesome! You guys are too cute! Are you gonna do something fun? Oh and we are planning (me & who ever wants to help) a Christy Meadows luncheon/gab fest with some of us ladies. I am thinking maybe January when things have slowed down a bit for everyone so keep it in mind and look on your calender. :)

kate said...

COngrats! Time certainly does FLY!

Simons said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you had a great day celebrating! And those pictures of Harmon are SO CUTE - I cannot believe he is getting that big!

Lara said...

Congratulations! You make a cute couple!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I wish you the best in the years to come. You are a cute family. I love the pictures of Harmon, he is getting so cute!

Tandy said...

Yay! We were so happy when you joined this rowdy crowd! We love you both!
But... I'm JEALOUS! I love your new car! Send the Santa you know my way!

Amanda said...

That was fun to read!! I LOVE your new car! Looks good on you:)

i said...

loved learning more about you two! i didn't know shalayne set you up?!:)

Trisha said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you got yourself a good one! I am hoping there are still some good ones out there that are single.

Missy said...

Congrats, that's SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com