Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Jealous

Okay, so I'm going to whine for just a minute. Last weekend I called 4 different people to babysit so I could go on a date with my hubby. Not one was available, so I gave up and we stayed home again. I am so jealous of those of you out there that have a built in babysitter, you know like Grandma that lives around the corner or sister that loves to have your kids come over whenever they want. I'm sure many of you have been in my position before and can totally relate. It usually doesn't bother me, but I have really wanted to go out for a while. Michael and I haven't been out since the beginning of December and even then it was to a late show after we had put the kids to bed when my parents were in town. We drove to the movie and home again. I guess what I'm saying is . . . . if you are lucky enough to have a built in babysitter give them an extra hug and say thanks! I'll be done whining now because I do have a babysitter tonight so I can go to an enrichment activity. I do hate that I have to pay to go to enrichment. Oh well, I guess you can't win them all :)

10 comments:

Amy B. said...

I have family close but we never go out...ever...and if we just so happen to have some funds to do so...we take the kids! Besides, I don't think Chris' mom would watch them anyway...

Collette said...

We had built in babysitters when we were there and, boy do we miss it here!

And sorry you have to pay to go to Enrichment. I've heard of some girls who won't take money if you're going to a church function. That might be something to remember when our girls are old enough to babysit.

Leslie said...

Alleen, Lloyd and I never seem to get to go out because we're so busy or we want to take the kids with us, but I really wanted a break Friday and by the time I decided that YES, we're going, it was already after 5PM and we tried 2 babysitters with no luck, too. So I feel your pain! We don't have family here in town to help out, either.

My husband's almost 14yo daughter is with us every other weekend and I sure wouldn't mind you calling her to see if she wants to babysit for an evening date (assuming she isn't already babysitting for us! hehe). Typically 1st and 3rd weekends. You have our tel #!

Lara said...

I feel bad for you. We don't have family around, but we have tons of young women in the ward and neighborhoods. We can always find someone. Occasionally our Enrichment leaders do a nursery so if needed the women can bring their children. It is hard enough to get to enrichment let alone finding someone to watch the kids. So even though we can find a sitter, it does make date night even more expensive!

Deanna said...

I hear you about the babysitter- we also have a really hard time getting one. I loved reading about your family although your new goals made me exhausted. To answer your question- no, I have not been to "Stars on Ice" lately, but it did make me laugh to remember all the crazy things we did. My favorite were the trips to the Henrie ranch and dancing to Come on, Eileen (I know, it's not a good song, but very danceable). I am so glad to have contact with you again- yeah facebook.

Deanna said...

I hear you about the babysitter- we also have a really hard time getting one. I loved reading about your family although your new goals made me exhausted. To answer your question- no, I have not been to "Stars on Ice" lately, but it did make me laugh to remember all the crazy things we did. My favorite were the trips to the Henrie ranch and dancing to Come on, Eileen (I know, it's not a good song, but very danceable). I am so glad to have contact with you again- yeah facebook.

Heather said...

I am with you! Now I have a sister and a mom but so many kids that they are way to overwhelming for just one sitter. So now if we go anywhere we spend more time farming out the kids then we do away....

Cori White said...

I totally know what you mean..

cbess said...

Alleen, I am so sorry, Your mom and I sure used to use each other all the time and then I always had my mother-in-law. I was so spoiled... Then As you got older, You were my babysitter. so I sure wish I was closer to help you. But if you ever come this way and want to do something in St.George Call me!I owe you big time. Love ya Aunt Cleola

Rebekah said...

Oh my! I can totally relate. Seriously! My parents live about 2 hrs. from us both ways. Ben's parents live about 1 hr. from us both ways. By the time we can get to them to ask for sitter opportunities, the other siblings have already worn them out. So we never get to go anywhere without the kids unless we pay someone locally. Which we don't do often at all. I think the last time we actually spent time alone besides cuddling down stairs, or an hr. at a restaurant was like 6 months ago. Sucks, I know all about it. We are in the process of finding a house closer to family right now. But I don't think that will help all that much either cause the grandparents are all worn out. :)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com