Monday, April 27, 2009
Coyote sighting
I'm thinking I live a little to close to nature right now. Yesterday as we drove to church we noticed a coyote right on the side of the road. It then crossed and was exploring up and down Calvert (which is just down from where we live). We of course had to turn around and watch it for a minute, we spooked it a bit so it ran back across the street and back up to the mountain. I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen more of them for as close as we are to the mountain/desert. The thing that makes me nervous about seeing one in a neighborhood is all the kids and pets. A lady was walking her little dog just down the street and could have easily ran into it. I think they are usually timid unless they feel they are in danger or REALLY hungry. In this house we've seen a tarantula and a coyote, what's next? I'll settle for butterflies :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That really scares me. I haven't seen one yet though and maybe I never will. It's kind of unsettling to know that one could wonder into our yard at any moment. Yikes!
That's crazy! I would be nervous too. Tarantulas too, ugh! I don't like spiders AT ALL. Well, stay safe. Did you go to the mission reunion this year? I wasn't able to make it. Was moving in with family that day while our house is going through the fun and extensive closing process.
Post a Comment