
So we had our last T-ball game last week and I must say I am so sad to see it end. It has been so fun watching Haley this year! She has really enjoyed playing and has made some great friends! It's been fun to watch the team progress and learn to play together. I've gotten to know the parents and the kids so well and we've made some lasting friendships! Michael was an awesome coach and did a GREAT job. The kids look up to him so much, and everyone wants to play with him next year. Hopefully we can get most of our team back, there are only a few moving up. Haley's two best friends Emmy and Sophia were on the team to, but they have decided they are only one year baseball kids--Haley on the other hand is set to go, she loves it so much.
I have to add to that she got the game ball at the last game. She had 2 GREAT hits off the coach and 1 off the tee.Our team party was at one of the kids house. They have a beautiful home with a big pool complete with a rock slide and hot tub. We had to drag kids out of the water for dinner and awards. I was nervous about the party, but I always get nervous when I'm in charge of feeding a bunch of people and making sure everyone is happy. Everything went great and it was fun. The kids were excited about their trophy's and the coaches talked about each kid as they handed out the trophy's and medals. Michael actually got teary as he thanked the kids and parents. It has been a real joy for him to be coaching again, he was raised on baseball and loves to support his kids just like his parents supported him. The team pitched in and got the coaches some movie tickets, treats, and a picture of the team. I had all the kids sign the matting in the frame and they turned out so cute! Michael surprised me and got me a Red Sox jersey for being the team Mom and all the parents chipped in and got me a big gift certificate for dinner and a manicure/pedicure. They really spoiled me! I was totally surprised.
I'm sad to see it end and look forward to next year. I'm worried we'll be bored now that baseball is done, but we still have soccer for another month and I think we'll spend a lot of time in the water this summer. It's the only way to stay cool--so swimming lessons here we come.
1 comment:
yeah haley.. she looks like a great baseball player. Im sure mike likes to see her in that red sox jersey.. sounds like a fun party too!
Post a Comment