Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Too Tired . . .

So this is a phrase I've heard a lot lately. As many know Haley and Harmon were both diagnosed with Hypothyroidism when they were babies and have been on meds since they were 2 weeks old. It's a minor thing as long as they take their meds, but the Dr had said that this is the perfect time to take Haley off hers and see how she does. I was a bit nervous when we decided to do it because of the side effects. I was told to watch her energy level, hair loss, constipation, and skin problems. The only thing-thank goodness- is her energy level. She has been so tired lately. We've had to limit our activities to one a day otherwise she is just a tired and grumpy little girl. It's so hard to tell though if it's her thyroid or just the summertime heat and activities. We're crossing our fingers that it's just the heat and she won't have to be on medications the rest of her life, but it's okay no matter what. Otherwise I am thankful for happy and healthy children--hey I complain about being too tired most of the time to! We do blood work on Thursday to find out how her levels are.

3 comments:

Lara said...

I have never even heard of that. I hope she does well off her medicine. I am usually too tired as well...

Lisa said...

I have hypothyroidism also! It took a few years to get my levels regulated, but now I'm good. I'll have to be on medicine for the rest of my life, but at least we can feel lucky to have the option, huh! I hope she does well and that it was only an early-childhood type of thing! I was diagnosed maybe 6-7 years ago... Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well for her. I also think you can complain about being tired - lets see: Mother of three energetic little kids and your fourth is on the way. :)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com