Sunday, December 27, 2009

More Memories and Pictures

This year Michael and I seemed to talk about a lot of our Christmas celebrations from when we were young. He has a way better memory than me and remembers some of the gifts he recieved, but mostly the memories of the fun traditions they had as a family. One of them was the "Dead Duck Box." When Michael was young he broke his Dad's piggy bank and felt horrible about it, so he got him a new one for Christmas one year. Only it wasn't a pig, it was a large Mallard Duck. The box from that duck floated around each year and the kids were always excited to see who would get the "Dead Duck Box" for Christmas. I mostly remember being so excited to open a gift on Christmas eve. It was usually from a sibling--we always drew names and that was the gift we opened first. Christmas morning my Dad would make us all wait outside the room so he could make sure Santa came. He would tromp around and jingle bells, as a child it was pure torture, but fun. The funny memories are the one's that last and I love making them with my family now. I hope you made some lasting memories as well!


4 comments:

Sally said...

Those pictures are ADORABLE!

Cori White said...

they are so cute! i love the pics you can tell these kids get their pictures taken often :)

Tanielle Callaway said...

Your kids are so cute, Alleen!! You definitely have something to be proud of.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Cute family!!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com