We just got back from a long weekend in Panguitch. It was so nice to get out of town, we haven't been anywhere since before Christmas and a weekend away was long overdue! On the way up we stopped in Cedar City and celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday with him. It worked out that all 5 of his kids could be there and we even managed to ditch all of the Grandkids and enjoy a meal together. It was a ton of fun to visit with all my brothers and wives! I don't think it has ever happened that we could all get together without kids for a nice dinner. We ate at Rusty's and it was delicious as usual!
Here's my Dad and his Brother Jed.
Hayden did get to join us for dinner, but he's still easy to have around. Cam and Jessica had fun playing with him (they were teased all thru dinner that they needed to make an announcement)
Okay, my flash was going a bit crazy, but Marc insisted on making a face for every picture, so this is how we will remember him :)
We spent the next few days trying to stay warm in Panguitch, the kids had fun in the snow. I enjoyed it from the inside. It was FREEZING! It snowed the first 2 days we were there. We went sledding Monday morning, but it was to cold to even get the camera out. Harmon loved going down the hill, but was mad as soon as he got to the bottom. It was fun.
Sunday Night we had cake to celebrate Grandpa and Haley's birthday. They both had fun blowing out the candles. Grandpa didn't even mind having pink frosting :)
Michael headed to Salt Lake with my brothers for a Jazz game and I got some quality time with my Mom. It was such a nice weekend and we weren't quite ready for it to end. We made the trip home a long one and went miniature golfing in St. George. I think we'll enjoy things like that when the kids get a little older, but it was still fun. Haley even got a hole in one! We can't wait for our next trip!
3 comments:
how fun.. dinner with no kids.. nice...
snow.. no thanks. im a wimp!!!!
looks like tons of fun. Happy Birthday Haley.. i remember when she was born...
I love the photo of your dad holding the cake. Those are sweet shorts.
Thanks for sharing. Makes me miss all you guys.
That sounds like a lot of fun. Sometimes I really wish my mom lived closer, it would be so great some days. But most of the time I am grateful for the distance so that we can have somewhere to go for a weekend or a couple of days. I agree with you, I think the kids will really remember those little trips to grandma and grandpa's house. I always enjoy seeing pictures of your family.
Post a Comment