Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Camp Nelson -- Vacation day #2

After spending the morning playing we decided to take a drive around Panguitch Lake. The kids really wanted to fish, but I can't say much for my fishing abilities so we stuck with skipping rocks. They were just as happy with that though. They also were on the search for the prettiest rock they could bring home. As we drove we stopped at the little general store for some needed ice cream on a hot day. The kids had fun playing with a little goat that was kept as a pet. I must admit, it was REALLY cute! The lake was really full and made for some great rock skipping.
That little goat was so friendly and really wanted to go for a walk.



Mmmmmmm . . . . .
While we were already in the car we headed down to town for lunch and to see Grandma and Grandpa. We had some down time and let the kids run around at their house for a few minutes. When we got back to camp it was dinner, more smores, and bedtime. We did have a slight mishap at camp while we were gone. The wind knocked over one of our camp chairs and the fire was still warm. All that was left of it was the metal frame. I had even dumped water on the fire before we left, I guess we're lucky we didn't start a fire! We learned our lesson!
That night was a bit colder than the night before, and the baby ended up in my sleeping bag with me. He helped keep me warm though! We had to pry the kids out of their sleeping bags each morning, so we know they slept okay! Camping with young kids is a ton of work and we wondered if it was worth it at times, but looking back it was a BLAST and I hope to do it again next year!

No comments:



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com