Sunday, August 31, 2008

Calling all cooks . . . .

Okay I am always looking for fun recipes to try so I decided to start a recipe blog and I want everyone to help me. So if you are interested let me know and make sure I have your e-mail and I'll add you as an author. I've started it off with a few of my favorites. Anything I put on there will be a super easy dish because I am not a great cook, but I do love to try new things. I love to see pictures of things to, but my camera isn't the best so I may not have many pictures on my posts. Anyway, please everyone help out--you'll find it at www.funrecipes4you.blogspot.com

On a different note, Michael just went out to his truck and found a HUGE tarantula in our driveway. It was about a foot from coming into our garage. He yelled at me to come look and told me to get rid of it--yeah right--Like I'm going anywhere near it. He got out his lucky pepper spray and dowsed it. It didn't move hardly at all, I'm not sure if it's dead or just stunned. I got a big push broom and shoved it out into the street--it was to dark to see if it was dead or just not moving--either way I am totally creeped out. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. Have any of you Vegas people every seen one here? I wonder if it is someones pet. I'm just glad we didn't find it in the house or garage. I'm having flashbacks of the movie Arachnophobia right now.

5 comments:

Lara said...

Fun recipe blog! I love to hear others' recipes. I am hungry after reading about your pork roast, that sounds good.

Amy B. said...

I want to join...bartonfamilyco@msn.com...I would love to contribute!!!
Amy

Lisa said...

Count me in too please! I was just wishing for something like this earlier today... recipes that are real-family-tried-and-true!
lisateuscher@thebluezone.net

ShaLayne said...

Hey Alleen, Thanks for inviting me to join your blog. I will have to get my receipe's out. About the trantual, we saw quite a few of them last fall. Our neighbor had one in their garage, and we saw quite a few just wandering down the street, and Evelyn found one out by the pool. Jeremy say's that they migrate, so they must be starting to head out, who knows? I was really freaked out as well, but I don't think they will do any harm. Just be on the look out.

Sally said...

We had a tarantula on our back patio a couple of years ago. I was incredibly freaked out. Darren went out back to "take care" of it and turned around to find something worse...an enormous Black Widow. I choose the tarantula over the black widow for sure. Luckily we didn't have to choose...

I am way excited to see all the yummy ideas going up on your new blog. I will try to make some kind of contribution as well. I must warn you though...I am not a great cook!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com