I was watching a show the other day that started with a guy starting his day--it was a day where he ruled the world and everything was going his way. It was put to music that just makes you want to get up and DANCE. I believe the music was some classic Huey Lewis and the News. So I ask "What's your song" you know the one that puts you in a good mood and makes you feel like you can conquer the day without a problem.
I wish I could say that I would choose "Scatter Sunshine" or "Did you think to Pray" but I need something a little more upbeat! I remember growing up in Richfield and listening to Fisher and Todd in the morning on KISN 97--that was how I always started my day. Then in college I had a roommate that listened to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" EVERY DAY! She would listen to it and dance and it worked for her, unfortunately it just made me want to move out after the first semester. Currently it's usually the sounds of Playhouse Disney that starts my day, but I'd like to change that as well. So everyone let me know what is "your Song" so I can load up my IPod and have some great days! Warning to Michael--Singing in the shower will probably occur!
10 comments:
Mine changes every other month but it's currently a song called One More
by Superchic[k]. It makes me want to jog or kick-box or clean house or conquer the world!
I love "Feeling Good" or "Comin' Home Baby" by Michael Buble! It could change in a month to a new list of songs though.
I love Gwen Stefani's "Rich Girl" whenever I listen to it I have to crank it up and dance! Or you could always put in Bobby Brown. Ha ha..that used to always get us dancing.
Hummm.I really like Save Me by Shinedown...it makes no sense, I mean really what's up with having a candle and a spoon, but it makes me run hard so it works for me...
Mine changes a lot too, but currently there are a couple... A sort of mellow one, but one that makes me feel better about myself is "Superwoman" by Alicia Keys and another (more upbeat) one is "I Choose" by India Arie. You can hear them on my blog if you want. :)
When you were talking about your roommate that like "Total Eclipse of the heart" everyday, I was picturing Emily. :) That seems like something she would do???
Oh, there are so many songs that I love. I LOVE music! This summer my favorite running song was "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay. I still like it now because it reminds me of seven peaks (we heard it a lot there) and running. Both activities took place in the sun, which is dwindling here. I also love Pink's new song, "So What". My husband would warn you that my music selection is not always laced with the best lyrics.
My kids and I go nuts over Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani and Rhett loves anything by the Red Hot Chili Peppers...I know, weird for such a sweet little guy. My all time favorite is the theme song from Coyote Ugly, Can't fight the moonlight...LeAnn Rhimes sings it!
I am totally stuck in the 80's. I love rock monster ballads, Heaven is a Place on Earth by Belinda Carlisle and Cyndi Lauper!
Post a Comment