Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Cards


Okay so I didn't have the best of luck with my Christmas cards this year. First I ran out of envelopes, then I ran out of paper, and we didn't get a great family picture this year so I wasn't to excited about them anyway. So I do apologize to those who didn't get our annual letter and pic, it's not because we don't love you. So here is a copy of our letter--MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


Dear Friends and Family
Merry Christmas! Hopefully you are having a very happy holiday season! We thought we better send out our annual brag letter, we really enjoy hearing how all of our friends and family are doing each year so we thought we’d give you an update on our family as well.
Haley is now 4 years old going on 16. She has been going to pre-school this year and thinks she knows everything. She wants to write everything and practices her letters constantly. We like to call her our little sponge, because she can’t soak in the knowledge quick enough. It’s fun to watch her learn and grow. She has also been involved in Dance lessons and played Soccer in two leagues. We are going to try T-Ball in the spring and her Soccer coach was so disappointed because he wanted her back on his team. She made her first goal in the 2nd game and she liked that feeling so she got several every game after that. We loved being at the soccer field every Saturday watching her play. She is still all girl and loves Barbie, Polly Pockets, and dressing up in her princess gear. Haley is a huge help with her two younger brothers and Mom would be lost without her!
Hunter is a typical 2 year old. He’ll be three in January and is planning his Birthday already. His favorite thing to do is play superheroes. Batman is his favorite with Spiderman and Flash coming in a close second. He also loves his Hotwheels especially when his friend Samuel comes to play. They will play with his Hotwheels track for hours. Hunter is giving us a bit of trouble when it comes to Christmas. He changes his mind everyday about what Santa is bringing him. He is easy to please though and gets excited about everything. He is absolutely hilarious because you never know what he is going to say. He is also very loveable and loves to give kisses. He surprised us and has been great with Harmon. He is very protective of him and is very willing to share his toys and play peek a boo with him. We love it when we ask him to help out and we get a “O Tay Guys.” That has been his catch phrase lately.
Harmon joined our family on April 5th this year. He has grown so quick! We were nervous to adjust to having 3 kids, but you don’t even know he’s there most of the time. He has been a great baby! He has been sleeping through the night for quite a while and you don’t have to work very hard to make him smile. Just look at him and he’ll give you a grin that will melt your heart! He does have his moments and when he decides he’s mad then HE’S MAD! Don’t mess with his routine either, he likes his naps at the right time and to go to bed early. He’s on the verge of crawling, and we’re hoping he waits until after Christmas (for the tree’s sake). Mostly we are just happy to have him in our family!
Michael is still putting in his time at the Detention Center and loves his vacations. We always look forward to the Holidays because he gets 2-3 weeks off. It’s always nice to have him home. His one true joy is to spoil the kids and spend time with the family. I am just the busy Mom and love it most of the time. I defiantly have my breaking moments when I get frustrated and tired, but an “I love you” from one of the kids is all I need to put things back in perspective. As parents we love this time and don’t want our kids to grow up to fast. We are still working with the Cub Scouts, it’s been two years now. We did move from Den Leaders to the Committee Chair, which means just a few meetings a month. It’s fun to serve together and have really come to enjoy the Cub Scout Program.
Our lives have been truly blessed this year and we Thank You for all of your love and support! Our Christmas wish this year is that all of our friends and family have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a happy and healthy New Year!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you always.
With Love
Michael, Alleen, Haley, Hunter, and Harmon

2 comments:

TIM & MISTY said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing so great. YOU are awesome and deserve all the the blessing's in your life. :) I'm so glad I found your blog because I love catching up and keeping up with the daily happenings! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!

It sounds like everything is going well for you guys. We hope you are enjoying life!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com