Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve


We had a great Christmas Eve. We decided to stay home so we could start some of our own traditions and mainly to get the kids to bed early. We started the evening with a yummy Ham dinner complete with sweet potatoes and a horrible attempt at rolls (I need major practice). We watched Mr. Krugers Christmas and The Nativity. Haley loved both and wanted to watch them again. I of course cried then cried some more when our neighbors came caroling and sang Silent Night to us--it was beautiful!

Our tradition is to always open one gift on Christmas eve which is usually PJ's and a little toy. The kids were so excited about both. Haley and Hunter got robes with their pajamas and they looked sooooo cute! We then just played for a while and had some quality family time. Oh and of course put out the cookies and carrots. Haley informed us that Santa would prefer Doughnuts, so next year we better be prepared. Michael and I got to open a present to and surprise--we got a camera. It is something we've wanted for a while now--the only problem is we don't know how to use it. So pardon the bad pictures as we learn all the functions.

The kids were in bed by 8:00 and Santa had come by 9:00--it was a magical evening and we really felt the true meaning of Christmas in the air. I love that my kids are beginning to understand what we are really celebrating!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oooooo, what kind of camera did you get?



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com