Thursday, January 1, 2009

Just another day . . .

So I've always thought as New Years Eve as "Just another day." I usually end up watching fireworks on TV while kids are fast asleep and Michael is hard at work. This year things changed just a bit--Michael still had to work, but Haley and Hunter actually made it until midnight and were happy about it. We cuddled in the recliner watching all the crazy people down on the strip and hoping we'd catch a glance of Dad. No luck, he didn't even get to see the fireworks because of all those wonderful drunk people (he didn't miss much, they were horrible this year). Earlier in the evening we got to celebrate with friends. Jessica and ShaLayne came over with their kids and we pigged out on junk food and visited. It's always nice to have friends who are lonely at the same time you are! We had a great visit and of course none of us got our cameras out to remember the event. Maybe next year. Anyway, I hope everyone had a safe new year and are looking forward to 2009. I have done the traditional list of resolutions and vow to keep them this year, there are to many to list right now so they will come in a future post. It will be a miracle if I keep them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for having us over! It was fun to visit for a change and Mason was so excited to finally go to Haley's to play. Maybe my house next year?

Jenny B said...

Sounds like fun! New Years Eve is just another day-like you said. My goal is to make it to 9:00 and watch the ball drop on Time Square - that is good enough for me. Have a great 2009!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com