Okay so here is the list for the year, it has taken me a few days to get it done. Some are more important than others. I heard that if you share your goals you are more likely to accomplish them. I'll list them in no particular order . . .
Physical:
Go to the gym at least 4 times a week
Give up Diet Coke (yeah right)
Eat Healthier
No more eating after 7:00pm
Loose all the baby weight
Grow out my hair (this is for Michael-not me)
NO MORE Ice Cream before Bed :)
Do more Outdoor activities
Start training for a mini-marathon (I wish I had the drive to do it!)
Spiritual:
Read my Scriptures EVERY DAY
Read the Ensign--more than just the VT Message
Read the VT message :)
Do my Visiting Teaching
Magnify my calling--Cub Scouts here I come!
Do better at Personal Prayers
Be on time to church (I want a soft seat!)
More consistency with Family Home Evening
Start reading the scriptures with my kids
Attend the temple at least once a month
Read the Sunday School and Relief Society lessons before church
Start writing in my journal again
Look for more Service opportunities
Invite someone to hear the gospel
Have more Faith
Monetary:
Create a Budget and STICK to it
Quit eating out
Pay off a car
SAVE*SAVE*SAVE
Quit Target--It is my downfall, I can always find something to buy
Don't buy unless I Absolutely NEED it!
More Food Storage--that's spiritual to
Personal:
Date my husband more
Start scrapbooking again--finish baby books for Hunt & Harm
Go to bed earlier--get up earlier
Stick to a schedule
Keep my house cleaner and organized
Make lists--I do really good with lists, I enjoy checking things off!
Clean out the dreaded Junk Drawer
Connect with an old friend
Be more patient with my kids
Be more patient with my husband
Be more patient with myself
Don't Procrastinate
Be more positive
Do more with Friends and Family
I'm sure I could list many more things, but I'm getting tired just thinking about it. These are all things I really want to accomplish and I challenge anyone out there to check in on me to see how I'm doing. I probably won't have time to eat, sleep, or breathe. Unfortunately eating, breathing, and sleeping are all on the list. Am I setting myself up for failure? Wish me luck!
4 comments:
Wow, what a list! Well, you know what they say about eating an elephant, 1 bite at a time. You can do whatever you set your mind to, just remember whats most important and you will accomplish all you need to do.
Hi Alleen! I saw a link to your blog on someone else's blog and was curious what your "resolutions" were. I haven't nailed mine down yet. In addition to the 6 goals the bishop gave us, I have a bunch more for our family and myself and haven't come up with the final list because I need to make sure I don't take on too many because when I set goals I want to meet or beat them! So I read your list with interest and saw you have a really REALLY long list! And, I think many of those things on your list are things I want to do, too (except I don't have a problem drinking soda -- hehe).
I'd be happy to check in with you to see how you're doing on these things. It may inspire me to think maybe I CAN do more than a dozen or so goals. Of course, if you DO manage to pull them all off, I'll have to hate you. LOL!
P.S. We need to chat about pack meeting for this month ...
Alleen!!! I was so excited to see your blog on Lara's. I am so guilty of being a blog stalker. Your kids are very cute! It looks like you are doing well. Cherish Tebbs Cowley
Alleen, You my dear are setting your self for defeat!Choose One ha ha I have to agree that we want to accomplish them all your list is very similar to mine, especially the give up diet coke, but oh how hard it is. Our Bishop has challenged us to read the BOM in 60 days so I am taking the challenge, and believe me it is a challenge, but one I am really enjoying and hey if I get that one done then I can move on to other goals right. Check up with me too. Looks like your Christmas was fun. Love ya Aunt Cleola
Post a Comment