Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Sunshine



Okay so it's been spring here for a little while, at least there have been blossoms appearing for the last month or so. We finally had some time last week to work in the yard and replace some plants that didn't survive our snow this year. Michael also trimmed all the plants that were trying to come back and WOW what a difference it made! Everything has taken off and there are new blossoms everywhere. I went to a gardening class a few weeks ago and learned that I needed to be patient with a few of our plants. I admit I didn't believe it when I was told that our crape mertyle would come back--we were all set to tear it out this weekend along with a tree that has looked very dead. I guess patience pays off they both have new buds that just appeared within the last day or two. I love spring! I think I'm loving it even more since we were freezing in Panguitch 2 days ago and now we're in shorts and flip flops. Oh, we even have apricots! Any tips on keeping the birds away from them would be helpful.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I am very jealous. And do you really have fake grass? It looks amazing!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com