
Yesterday was the anniversary of two very special people. My Mom and Dad celebrated 36 years together. They were married in the Logan Temple and are the perfect example of a happy marriage. I'm sure it's not always been easy, but they sure make it look that way. My parents are such a great example of two people who give all they have to each other and their children. They are both completely selfless and never put themselves first. There are several things that have come from their marriage such as . . .
- 5 kids (1 wonderful girl and 4 boys)
- 13 Grandkids (more to come I'm sure)
- 5 returned missionaries
- 5 Temple marriages
- Several pets (Lucky, Max, Sandy, Mini-to name a few)
- 5 kids in-law (we all chose some amazing spouses!)
- a farm that requires a LOT of work
- 6 towns lived in (Logan, CA, West Jordan, Cedar City, Richfield, and Panguitch)
- Countless hours of service
- A billion church callings--all of which were magnified
I could go on all day about how much my parents have accomplished, but it still would do them justice. Thanks Mom and Dad for your great example of how a marriage should be and for raising me the way you did. Happy Anniversary.
3 comments:
That gave me the chills! Those are 2 amazing people!
Alleen, I love your parents. They are great examples!!
Wow!!! I love your mom & dad.
Post a Comment