Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Big Six

Our sweet little Haley turned six yesterday. I can't believe she is growing up so fast. We had a busy and fun day to celebrate. She and Hunter had T-ball practice for a couple of hours in the morning. I think that is exactly what she would want to do on her birthday. She LOVES sports especially when her Dad and Brother are involved. After practice she got her first gift--a new bike. She wasn't really expecting it, but was really excited. We braved the rain and rode for a little while, it was a little big for her, but she'll grow right into it. Hunter was her buddy all day and was wishing her a Happy Birthday every 10 minutes. I am so glad they are such good friends. The big party happened Saturday night. She had a hard time narrowing down who she wanted to invite, so before we knew it we had 20 kids at our house for a fun movie night. Haley had a hard time deciding what she wanted to do for her party. First it was a sleepover, but I threw that idea out quick--to young! So we decided a PJ party would work. She insisted they watch a movie and pig out, so that's what we did. Pizza, Popcorn, and cupcakes. In the end our backyard looked like a movie theatre. They watched Disney Pixar shorts and cuddled with pillows and blankets. It was a little cold and rainy, but the kids didn't seem to mind. It was fun, but I don't think we'll ever do a party that big again! We wouldn't have survived it without our friends Mike and Juanita. They saved the day by helping with the kids and food!
Even though Mom and Dad were exhausted by the end of the day, it was well worth it! Haley was so excited and thankful for everything. I want to cry when I think she is 6 years old already. We are so lucky to have her in our family and feel her sweet spirit everyday! Happy Birthday Haley!




2 comments:

ShaLayne said...

You are so brave! Looks like fun :)

kate said...

She's gorgeous!! Total Diva.. ha ha!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com