Thursday, June 26, 2008

Memories


My parents ran into an old friend of mine last week Kim Kelsey (Anderson)and it made me think of my old drill team days in Richfield. Those were some fun years that I will always remember. It's funny how growing up changes you. Back in those days I wanted to dance forever, but unfortunately I got old and overweight. I took a Hip Hop class at the gym last week and felt ridiculous. The coordination just isn't there anymore. It's fun to think about the past and the fun we had. My sophomore year of high school was such fun. The Richfield High School Azurettes took 2nd place in state, but you'd think we'd won. We rode the Fire Truck and everything! It is such a fun memory! I wish I had more pictures!

7 comments:

Collette said...

You are so brave to post a big-hair picture! I keep mine safely tucked away!

kate said...

Oh my.. That hair is awesome!!!

Trisha said...

What a fun picture. And I know everyone in it! I love the previous comments about the hair. It is amazing that we could get it to defy gravity like that.

Marylin said...

Oh those are some HOT outfits!! I bet you still wear it sometimes huh!! Hee hee How are things with you guys?

Heather said...

It took awhile for me to find you through all the hair on these women! I still remember going to the games so we could watch you dance (and see if any cute boys were there...) ahh...the good old days. Heather

Lara said...

Hi Alleen! So fun to see your blog! Kim emailed me a link. Love that picture, it took we awhile to find myself. You look great and so do your kids. We should have a drill team reunion!

Amy B. said...

Hey Alleen...Thanks for finding me and I love the drill team picture...I remember those days and I too thought they were the greatest. Oh the Hair...I loved it...I'm going to add you to my list...good to hear from you and you and your family look great...especially you!!!!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com