
Well we just returned from my Grandma's Funeral. We lost her last week which was very sad, but she was ready to go. The funeral was beautiful! We made the long trek to Price where she lived for the graveside. It was a beautiful day and there were so many people there to support the family! My mom spoke, which I think would be a difficult thing to do, she has been caring for my Grandma for the last year, but she did a great job. I admire anyone who can pull themselves together to speak at a loved one's funeral! I was thinking about some memories I had of her, so the list below is just a few things I thought of.
Peppermints--She always had a stash of peppermints and she would crunch them instead of suck on them
Kleenex--She was always attached to a box
Game Shows--for as long as I can remember she has watched game shows. Mostly the old ones on the game show network, but Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy were always there to.
Teeth Grinding--The first time I heard her grind her teeth I thought it was the most awful sound on the planet--That is one thing she did pass that down to me--Sorry Michael
The Carpenters--I will never forget the time I drove her from Price to Panguitch for my brothers mission farewell and we listened to the same Carpenters tape the entire way. It was bearable the first 3 times then it got a little old! Funny memory
Clean House--Everytime we came up to visit we would dust all of her china and nick knacks, but the funny thing is there was never any dust. It just didn't come in her house. We always washed her car to, but it was NEVER dirty. She was a very clean person.
Magazines--She got a ton of magazine subscriptions. It makes me laugh to think she was reading about Brintney Spears and J-Lo in People magazine.
Birthday Cards--She never missed a birthday!! She was so organized and they always arrived on your birthday. One year I didn't get one and I called my mom to see if Grandma was okay, she had just gotten off the phone with my Grandma and she was calling to say she had just found the card and was so upset it didn't make it to the mail in time.
I always loved visiting Grandma Wallace in Price, usually it meant girls weekend, so just my Mom and I would go. I realized after she passed that I didn't know a lot about her history and it has been fun to get to know her thru my Mom now. It has made me realize how important it is to use the time we have on earth now to learn about our loved ones and their history. I am so thankful for eternal families, I know that we'll be together again someday!
2 comments:
Those are some great memories of your grandma. I am very sorry for your loss. I know that it's still hard, even though they are ready to go. Let me know if you need anything.
Sorry about your grandma, that is sad. I am so glad you have such great memories of her, those were fun to read.
Post a Comment