Why can't babies stay small forever? Harmon is growing so fast--We had our first roll over the other day. I can't believe he is almost 4 months old already. He is the SWEETEST baby! You don't have to work to hard to get a smile out of him, just look at him and he'll give you a grin that spreads across his whole face. Speaking of his poor little face--does anyone have any suggestions for a horrible case of eczema? His little cheeks are just always red and flaking. Then there are scratches on top of the already sore skin because they itch so bad. I'm afraid he'll be wearing mittens forever so he doesn't scratch his face up to much. I've tried several different lotions and thought I found a good combination, but I guess it was only temporary--anyway I'm open to suggestions if anyone else has gone thru it. While looking at pictures try to see his cuteness thru the red sore cheeks :)
8 comments:
I had only noticed his cuteness before you mentioned his cheeks! My kids have sensitive skin like that, too and I still haven't found any miracle cure! Sorry!
Karmen used to get eczema on her cheeks too - I've heard it can be a sign of them being allergic to something? She had bad allergies when she was a baby to most formulas and we had to use a special, more expensive one. Also, her doctor gave us some sort of steroid cream - I can't remember the name. Maybe you could ask your pediatrician about it? Good luck!!!
Karmen used to get eczema on her cheeks too - I've heard it can be a sign of them being allergic to something? She had bad allergies when she was a baby to most formulas and we had to use a special, more expensive one. Also, her doctor gave us some sort of steroid cream - I can't remember the name. Maybe you could ask your pediatrician about it? Good luck!!!
I can't believe he is already rolling over. He is growing up way to fast. Sorry no suggestions on the eczema. He is so cute. Call me to babysit again so I can play with him.
Okay, so my MIL introduced me to Goat's Milk Lotion. She sells it in her store which she closed for good today. It's in a red and yellow tub and it is wonderful. If I can find a link or something I will let you know. Also, my sis in law uses cetaphil for her little boy and the dermatologist told her it's the best...Good luck!
http://www.jollygoodtea.com/CanusGoatMilkLotionsSoaps.htm
Allen, go here for the goat's milk. it's the Lil' goat's milk baby butter that I love!
Hey Alleen,
I used to have really bad eczema and I used this cream that worked really well. It's called "aquaphilic". You have to ask for it specifically from the pharmacist. I would try Walgreens. You may have to special order it. It works wonders. My mom uses it as well for her bad eczema.
Travis
I worked at the dermatologist for a couple of years and the best thing you can get is a steroid cream called triamcinolone. It's a perscription but I bet you could ask the family doc for it.
Post a Comment