Friday, August 15, 2008

I Finally Did IT!!!!!

So I have been talking for months about joining a gym. I took a cardio kickboxing class and loved every minute of it, but it was to expensive and was only 2 days a week so I needed to find another option. I started researching all the gyms in the area and debated joining--I hate signing contracts. After much research and soul searching (I wanted to make sure I'd actually go) I decided Gold Gym was the one for me.

Michael joined with me and it has been great. I went every day this week and he joined me when he was done with work for the week. They have childcare in the building and the girls in there are so cute and get excited when we drop the kids off, so that makes me feel very comfortable when it comes to leaving them with strangers. I actually feel like Michael and I have been on several dates this week. It's a nice break from the kids and it's something we can do together. Michael also is a great workout partner, he pushes me to do more than I think I can do and he knows more about the weight lifting portion of it. Needless to say my muscles are sore and tired, but I love that feeling. Skinny me here I come (hopefully)!!

3 comments:

Lara said...

You are awesome! I just started a diet this week and I did HORRIBLE! Why is it so easy to eat and so hard to loose weight? I wish Kirk would go to the gym with me!

Lisa said...

So wierd that you posted this, because Rick and I actually just started going to a gym together! Now that my heart is fixed, I've wanted to really start working out and work off this big butt! Rick has a badge that allows him to go onto Hill Air Force Base and they have a family gym there that we can use for free. I love it! We let the girls play in the big play area while we watch them as we're working out. And like your hubby, Rick knows a lot more than me about weights and such, so he's been a great personal trainer! Hopefully I can keep it up!

cbess said...

Your Go girl! I have a great article that says working out someway each day is the best thing for our mental sanity as well as physical, So you will be skinny and ohh so happy love ya Aunt Clo



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com