Sunday, August 10, 2008

Random Thoughts

Okay so here are a few random thoughts I'd like to share.

1. Boxer briefs are absolutely adorable! We are potty training and I think Hunter looks so dang cute that I'm okay with him not wearing pants. Yes I know I'm weird, Michael keeps letting me know. Hunters little toosh is just so cute! Potty training is going great by the way! I'm totally using these pictures for bribes when he gets older!


2. I finally caved and called an exterminator. Our back porch is infected with crickets and roaches mostly crickets, but hey one roach is one to many! It makes me feel like my house is dirty and I promise I really do keep a pretty clean house. They like to eat poor Archie's (the dog) food. Hopefully tomorrow they will be a worry of the past!

3. I wish I would have come up with this invention its a funny little chair called a Bumbo. Such a simple idea, but it is great! Harmon loves hanging out and watching his crazy family run around him. Thanks ShaLayne--it's great!

4. All summer I've wished we had a pool--it is so darn HOT! Well we bought a pool last week and it is more than just the little plastic one you can splash in. Since we put it up I've been nervous about the kids sneaking out and falling in, so in the end I'm glad it's not permanent and we can take it down for the winter then enjoy it again next summer. I'll only have to be a worried mom for the summer months. Our dumb dog Archie decided to take a swim in it after we got it all filled--we figured he was treading water for about 20 minutes. He makes us crazy most of the time, but we'd be so sad if something happened to him! He learned his lesson though and has stayed away since then.

5. I've realized that I would be lost without Haley! She is such a good helper, I can't travel anywhere without her helping keep Harmon happy. She loves to put dishes away and play clean up games and is always willing to be the babysitter for me. She is so responsible for a 4 year old!
6. Lately there have been 2 things keeping me busy--First is trying to read Breaking Dawn--I'm almost done with that (I've enjoyed it though I'm slightly disappointed, but that's another post). Second is that Michael and I have always been curious about a few TV shows that have been on for a while and we've never watched, so right now we are watching Smallville. It's about Superman when he was a teenager. I have really enjoyed the series and am sad to say I look forward to the nights when Michael and I get to relax together and watch an episode or two. If you ask me it is the only way to watch TV. The show is now in it's 7th or 8th Season so we have a lot of catching up to do, but hey there are no commercials and when you get to the season finale you can find out what happens with the next disc instead of waiting for 6 months for the show to come back on.


4 comments:

ShaLayne said...

I agree with you. Little boy's look so cute in their little underpants. I cant' wait for Logan to start wearing them.

Lara said...

I can't resist a little boy in underwear. We bought ours underoos. Do you remember those? I have one son who actually prefers boxers now. Talk about growing up!

Rebekah said...

So just so you know...you are not weird! I too love boxer briefs and when my boys were potty training I took every opportunity to leave them in just those. You're right their little bums are just so cute. Fun stuff but I sure am glad I am done potty training at least for now.

Rebekah said...

Do you keep in touch with antone else from the mission days?



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com