Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Announcing . . .

It's a BOY. Yes we're expecting and we found out today it will be a bouncing baby boy. I've held off blogging about our upcoming addition because I didn't want every post to be me complaining about being sick and tired. All the yucky stuff has worn off now and we can just be excited for his arrival. We've been asked several times if this was a planned thing and I answer with a resounding NO. It was a total surprise! Did you know you could get pregnant while nursing AND on birth control. Well you can, I guess blessings come when you least expect them. We knew we wanted one more, we just wanted it a few years down the road. Harmon and baby will be 17 months apart. I know so many people who are like "That's no big deal, my kids were 12 months apart." I admire those people, but right now I'm panicking just a bit! The idea of having 4 kids ages 5 and under is so overwhelming! I'm going to do my best to put on my happy face and say I look forward to the challenge, hopefully that will help. I really thought it would be a girl based on the way I've been feeling, but I'm excited for another boy! Haley was a little disappointed, she really wanted a sister, but I think she'll just be excited when he gets here! She's such a good sister!

17 comments:

Shannon said...

YA! Congrats to you! I am so excited for you.

Collette said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting and overwhelming all at the same time! You'll make it look easy!

Lisa said...

Congrats!!! You sure make gorgeous kids! And if it makes you feel any better, my sister in law has five kids under the age of 5... no, not sure if that would help you feel any better or not... but at least you know someone else is surviving it okay, eh?!

Dave and Kristin said...

Congrats Alleen! I'm so excited for you...also a little scared too because I am also nursing and on birth control...It will be fun for them to be so close, Harmon will be great friends with him! I'm so happy for you!

kate said...

Yay!!! My mom actually told me a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to spill the beans.. 4 under 5 will be hard, but they'll LOVE it when they are older. I'm so glad most of my brothers and I are so close in age now.. {HATED it growing up, but that's besides the point.:) }

Leslie said...

That's very exciting! Who knew??
Sounds like you are due a few weeks after our grandson in August .... Enjoy your feeling better days!

Amy B. said...

Holy Crap...you are way far along...how did you keep it a secret for sooooo long...I'm lucky if I don't tell the day after I conceive...hahahah

Lara said...

I agree with Amy, you are a good secret keeper. With my last pregnancy, I was sick even before I was late. I can never hide it, I always feel too crappy and I am not good at hiding it. My kids are all close together. We did NOT plan it that way and no matter what we did, I always seemed to end up pregnant. But having them close together has been great. We are at the point where the baby is old enough to enjoy everything his big brothers are doing. They are all such great buddies. You will love it! And congrats!

Lindsay Mann said...

Congratulations! What exciting news! Don't panic; you're a great mom and you make such cute kids. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Let me know if you need anything. We should get together soon. I miss you.

Cori White said...

yeah.. boys are fun! congrats.. you are a good secret keeper

Sally said...

Congrats! While I might be able to say "oh yeah we had it worse" well I really can't. At least I didn't have 2 older kids to take care of amidst the 2 baby phase. Hang in there! YOU CAN DO IT (because you have to)! Love ya!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I have never had the surprise thing, but breastfeeding and birth control? Obviously this little one is meant to be! I hope you feel better soon! I am thinking the morning sickness and exhaustion wears off after our kids turn 18ish! Heather

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alleen!! You are such a cute mom. We are really happy for you guys! It sounds like it was meant to be. :)

Danielle said...

Holy Cow! Congratulations! I had the same freaking out feeling when I found out about Ava. Surprises can be great! I hope you are feeling ok!

Travis and Rhonda said...

Congrats! Having them be that close in age will be challenging at first, but they will be such good friends and always have a buddy! I hope you're feeling better and not so exhausted. Hang in there!!

Trisha said...

I am a little late at checking your blog so I just read your announcement. Although it is a little late, I still wanted to post a comment to say Congrats!

Marylin said...

Oh Man I am sooo out of it!! I just scrolled down and saw this post!! CONGRATS!!! I can only imagine what a surprise that would be and I am sure it feels a bit overwhelming right now but you have a great support system!! We really need to get together!! :)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com