Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Success

I'm so excited! I've been trying this grocery smarts program for a few weeks and I've had some success, but I was really excited last night when I went to Smiths. They had some good deals going and I was able to stock up on a few things. After the savings I got toothpaste for .25 cents, Spaghetti for .49 cents, and Salad Dressing for .50 cents. I also replenished my fruit supply grapes, apples, and bananas.

Here's the breakdown:
  • Total before Savings: $150.93
  • Coupons: $33.90
  • Fresh Value Savings: $39.95
  • Total Spent: $77.08 (thats a 49% savings)
What makes it even better is that I had 2 $30.00 Gift certificates that I've had for about 2 years. I don't shop at Smiths very often so I always forgot to use them. Anyway, I got all this for $17.08. I celbrated by taking the kids out for ice cream. Ahh sweet success!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I have started doing that as well. I am amazed at how easy it is to save so much money.

ShaLayne said...

Good Job!! Way to save a ton of cash! I'm glad they had what you wanted in stock. (Hopefully you didn't get the grouchy lady like I did.) I love this coupon program, but now I feel like I want/have to go shopping all the time so I don't miss out on all the good deals.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com