Monday, March 9, 2009

Filled

Everything has been baseball, baseball, baseball lately that I feel like I need to focus on something else for a minute. Saturday after games we decided that we needed some family time to just be together and have fun. So after our Slurpee run we all crashed on the couch for a little R & R (I actually went to bed for a nice long nap--THANKS Michael) we then headed to Town Centre for some fun in their park area. It was so fun to just let kids run and watch them play. It's a neat little play area and the weather was perfect for outside play. The kids had fun and didn't want to leave. We noticed a Claimjumper next door so we headed there for dinner. We hadn't taken the kids out for a nice dinner in quite a while. It was so fun to take our time and visit with them and enjoy some good food. I enjoyed it the most because everyone sat in their seats and ate most of their food--no fighting or trying to get down to run around. After dinner we headed down the strip. Traffic wasn't to bad so we got to look at all the lights and even watched the Volcano go off at Mirage. We rarely go to the strip so the kids enjoyed looking around.
Sunday was a great day to. We had Stake Conference (it was the broadcast) and I admit I didn't want to go very bad--3 young kids and 2 hours of sitting isn't very fun. We went though and the kids are so good and sat most of the time. I came out on a spiritual high, it is such a great opportunity to hear the prophet speak. I came home ready to face life again, I got so much from his talk and hope to apply his teachings into my family. None of the information was new, but it was very important. Make your house a house of prayer, a house of order, a house of fasting, and most of all a place where the spirit dwells. I asked Haley what she learned from the prophet and she remembered that he said everyone should read the scriptures even small kids.
So as you can see this weekend left me full. I feel good and refreshed. I'm thankful for my beautiful family and every minute we get to spend together!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I loved the broadcast too! I left there thinking about all the virtuous women who have been great examples to me all throughout my life. It was awesome!

kate said...

I love Towne Centre and Claimjumper is one of my favorites! LUCKY!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com