Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Long Overdue Thanks!

Since last week I've wanted to write a HUGE Thank you for all the comments and e-mails. Our little announcement was welcomed with words of encouragement and support. It is always nice to be reminded that I have such great friends and family who truly care about us. Some of you have way more confidence in me than I have in myself and I thank you for that!

While I am in thank you mode I have to thank Haley's primary teachers. For several weeks we have been talking to Haley about being baptized. Her cousin Brittney got baptized last Saturday and she was so excited to go to Panguitch and see Grandma and Grandpa, but didn't want to go to the Baptism. She would clearly state every time we talked about it that she was not going to be baptized! The thought of going under the water scared her to death even though it's 3 years away. Suddenly just before we left town she said how excited she was about going to see Brit get baptized and I asked her why she was okay with it. She let me know that they learned about baptism in her primary class and her teacher said she could plug her nose. Now she is okay with it and not scared at all. Thank you to wonderful primary teachers that know just what to say!

Lastly I have to thank my parents for letting me crash with them for a few days and Michael for letting me stay gone for a few days. We hadn't been to Panguitch since Christmas and I needed to get out of town. Unfortunately Michael had to stay home and be the responsible one. He coached Haley's t-ball team (without her), cleaned the house, and did some yard work. It was so nice to come home to a clean house. He deserves a long vacation for all the work he does! I took advantage of everyone this weekend. My Mom babysat while I got my hair done and my Sister in Law Jodi watched the kids to. What a nice break! Thanks to everyone who made it a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Good for you! I love going home and being lazy. It is kind of weird, I feel like when I go home I turn into this lazy girl with a "let mom take care of everything" mentality. I don't do it on purpose, but I have noticed that about myself. And there is nothing better than coming home to a clean house. I always have to at least straighten my house before we ever go anywhere. It drives my husband crazy, but I can't stand to come home to a mess!

Shannon said...

You deserved the break! You are a fantastic mom and one more is lucky to join. Question is...what H name do you have picked this time. I know when we got to number 4 the names got harder to pick. We are so excited for you. We need to get back to playdates now that it is warming up.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com