Friday, July 3, 2009

Balloon Festival and Family Reunion

Every year we look forward to this weekend. It has been a tradition to go see the hot air balloons and spend time with family. My family has had a reunion at the ranch at the same time for the last few years so it's great to see everyone and have a great time. We headed to Panguitch early because Michael had a few days off and took advantage of a free babysitter. We headed to Cedar with my brother Cameron and his wife Jessica for dinner and a movie. We saw Transformers--it was entertaining, but the language was terrible (Don't see if you are easily offended). It was fun to spend time with adults and have a little break from the kids.



Friday we hung out with cousins and went to the ranch for dinner. I got to visit with some of my cousins that I don't see very often and it was a lot of fun. Saturday we got up early (6:30 am--ouch!) to go watch the balloons take off. It was amazing to watch 30+ balloons take off over the beautiful scenery. Michael played with our camera and got some fun pictures. It was off to the Lions Club breakfast at the bank for some good pancakes, I had to head back to the house after that to change a dirty diaper and Michael and the kids stayed downtown to watch the Motorcycle parade. Each year they have a Hog Rally at the same time as the balloon festival so there are motorcycles everywhere. Hunter was in HEAVEN! We spent the rest of day at the ranch playing with cousins and eating way to much yummy food. Hunter went fishing and caught his first fish. He was so excited, I almost couldn't get him to put it down. He wanted to carry it everywhere with him. Haley was just in heaven riding the horses and went for a long 4-wheeler ride with Grandma and Grandpa to change the water. Harmon just loved having the freedom to run around and get dirty.

That evening was the "Glow". They line up the balloons down main street and Center street and everyone lights up at the same time. There were tons of people there and it's fun to run into friends that I don't get to see very often. I saw my good friend Sally and we were able to catch up for a minute. Overall it was a great weekend full of family and fun. I feel so lucky to call Panguitch home and have these fun events to go to. Can't wait until next year!

3 comments:

Lara said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Did you ride in one of the balloons? I never have, but I would like to someday.

kate said...

Such a great weekend. Glad I was able to see you for a bit!

Tandy said...

We missed you this last weekend! But hopefully we'll see you in St. George this weekend... right?
I'm so totally lost on keeping track of time these days!
Anyway... see you soon!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com