So it's taking me a week, but I will get this post done! We had a filled weekend in Panguitch for the 24th Celebrations. It's a weekend we look forward to every year and it was filled with food, family, and of course rodeo's. Friday morning started off with the wonderful parade down Main and Center Street. Panguitch does it right and once you see the parade it turns around and comes back, so you get to see it twice. What could be better than watching a great parade two times! We spent the next little while visiting with family and running into old friends. My Mom and Dad didn't disappoint and provided a yummy dinner of roast, watermelon, and beans. Then it was off to the Kiddie races at the park. The kids had fun and enjoyed the otter pop as a prize. It was a little warm for me, but WAY better than being in Vegas. That evening we had fun taking money at the rodeo. We usually get a lot more rodeo fun, but we only made it to one this year. The kids enjoyed watching inside with Grandma while Michael and I were parked at the door collecting money. I didn't get a single picture of the kids in their cowboy gear, but they looked cute. Haley and Hunter have outgrown their boots and Haley can't fit into her wranglers anymore, so Hunter gets her hand me downs and Harmon even wore Hunt's old wranglers and some WAY cute boots we found at Wal-mart of all places. I wish I had some pictures, but believe me they were the cutest cowboys there. Hunter would live in his boots and wranglers if I'd let him, but it's to hot for them right now.
It was a fun weekend celebrating our pioneer heritage, I'm so thankful to be from such a fun little town and have such a great family to go play with during holidays. I'm glad the traveling is over for the summer though and we'll just enjoy being home for the next few weeks until new baby gets here. (I have soooo much to do!)
2 comments:
We love Panguitch on the 24th! We hope to do it next year!
Fun!!! I love small town parades!!
Post a Comment