Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Soccer, Swimming, and Jello Shots

Haley is getting ready to start soccer again and we are so excited. We had a blast watching her last year and she improved so much over the season. Her coach insisted that she come back to the team even though she took the spring off to play T-ball. The rest of the team is still the same and they will be the Ladybugs again. The team has taken things to a new level though and I must admit I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to keep up. The parents all got matching t-shirts to wear to the game, which makes it fun for the team. The treats after the game are no longer just a snack and a drink, it's a whole goody bag with ladybug themes. The parents are also into lots of parties. We were invited to a BBQ on Saturday at one of the players homes. It was so fun to see everyone again and hear about the season we missed. The kids were swimming and having a ball, then came the jello shots and I got a little nervous. Everyone was drinking and I envisioned the party taking a turn for the worst, but it was fun. Nobody got drunk and acted crazy. Overall everyone is very family oriented and really good people. I'm just not used to the drinking part of it. We're the only LDS family on the team so we need to do some missionary work! It is sure to be an interesting season! Haley can't wait to get out and start playing again. Practices start next week--still to HOT for me, but we'll make it!

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

I am such a dork that I would have probably thought..."Hey, cute little Jello cups...YUMM!!!"...can you imagine!!! Anyways...you are a good sport to be so laid back about it! I sometimes have issues with that stuff...I'm working on it!

Lara said...

I have issues with sports being such a big deal at such a young age. My boys just started football and after a week of try outs, got put on a team. After meeting the coach and getting a run down of things, I came home depressed. It feels like my life is over. Your pictures of the 24th were fun to see, I haven't seen your family forever! Good luck getting ready for the new baby:)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com