Friday, August 14, 2009

Big Surprise

Born August 14, 2009
3:37 a.m.
7 lbs 7 oz
18 inches long
So we were suprised Thursday night when baby Hayden decided to arrive early. I was so excited to have everything scheduled out and the kids taken care of next week, but I guess there were other plans in the making. I had a Dr. appointment yesterday at 4:30 and when I got home I was having contractions. I assumed I was just sore from the exam and went about my evening. I went to Bunco and had contractions the whole way thru. I got home and felt like the time was coming. By 11:00 I had my friend Shalayne's daughter Madison over to say with the kids, which was a huge relief! Just a few hours later Hayden joined our family. We are so happy to have him here and as you can see he is an adorable baby! The kids were so excited to see him and Harmon was so sweet giving him kisses and hugs (I was nervous about how he'd react). We are now home from the hospital and I'm happy to have my own bed and not have to get woken up every 2 hours by a nurse. My wonderful parents rushed down yesterday to see the baby and decided to just take the kids home with them, so I'm in a very empty house. It's strange to not have them here, but great to be able to rest and give Hayden all the attention.

19 comments:

Sally said...

YAY! Congrats! He is adorable and the kids are so darn cute with him. I LOVE the name Hayden...so cute!

Anonymous said...

He is precious!! Congratulations! I like the name - Hayden.
I love the pictures, Harmon is so cute with him. Get all the rest you can while Grandpa and Grandma have the kids. :)

Cori White said...

i love the pics. he is adorable. great pics of the kids with him too. glad your parents are close to help you :) well kinda close..
congrats

Travis and Rhonda said...

Congratulations!! What a sweet little guy. Great pictures! Enjoy those newborn cuddles!!

All 4 of us said...

So exciting! Congratulations! The baby looks adorable.

Becky said...

Congratulations Alleen! He's adorable and we are so happy for you and your family.

Shannon said...

That is so AWESOME! Congrats! He is so cute and the pics are great!

Trisha said...

Alleen -
He is adorable! Good job. How fun. I think I need a couple of those, but one at a time please. And probably not until after I find me a man to take care of us.

kate said...

Yay!! Congrats! ;)

Lara said...

He is beautiful Alleen! Good work:) How nice of your mom to take the kids, that is such a big help and makes for a great recovery.

Britney said...

Yahoo!!! I've been checking your blog a lot lately, waiting for cute baby pics! Congratulations. Your kids are so cute...love the name Hayden.
Britney

Dave and Kristin said...

Congrats Alleen! What a sweet, beautiful baby! That's so nice of your parents to take the kids, what a big help. I'm so happy for you! Love the name too.

Unknown said...

Congratulatons!

Lindsay Mann said...

What a beautiful, perfect baby! We're so happy for you. The pictures are priceless. I especially love the one of Hayden and Harmon. Hope you're doing well. Let me know if you need anything. I'd love an excuse to come see the baby!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! He is so cute and I'm glad everything went well! I'm LOVING all the pictures! (especially the ones of your dad asleep in the chair and your mom blowing up the glove - classic!)

Jessieksj said...

it looks like he will not be lacking in attention!!! So awesome. Congrats!! Good job :)

ShaLayne said...

What adorable pictures. Congratualations!!!

Marylin said...

Congrats!! He is beautiful!! So glad it all went smoothly!! So who was your Doctor this time around? I wish I lived closer so I could come see him to help my baby hunger!!! :)

Tanielle Callaway said...

Hey, Alleen, your family is so beautiful and congrats on your new little baby. I found your blog through Amy's. It's so fun to see everybody's families.

Tanielle (Miller) Callaway



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com