Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bad Mommy

On Tuesday we went to St. George to pick up the kids. I was so grateful for the time I had to recover and spend some time with Hayden. It's the first time I feel like I actually got to recover and rest after having a baby. Anyway, my parents were kind enough to meet us halfway so we didn't have to drive all the way to Panguitch. Haley was the first to come running and give me a big hug, then she just wanted to hold Hayden and kiss him. Hunter was next with a quick hug then he was distracted and wanted Grandpa. Harmon went straight to Dad and gave him a big hug and was so happy to see him. I went to grab him for my hug and he would have nothing to do with me. In fact he cried and ran back to Grandma for protection. For the next 15-20 minutes I tried to get him to come to me and he acted like he didn't even know me. I felt awful like he was mad at me for leaving him. I tried to just hold him and he cried and wiggled until he got away. That is the perfect way to break a Mom's heart! He finally warmed up and all the sudden came running to me. I decided that is the worst possible feeling knowing that your child is so mad at you that they want nothing to do with you. Maybe that's what it is like with teenagers :) Anyway, he has been fine since then and is happy to be home even though he has to fight for attention. He loves Hayden and wants to kiss him and tickle him. It's really sweet.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Ooh, what a stinker! Alleen, I know your family isn't close by so if you need help with the kids, please let us know. I work during the day, but we can work something out if you need a break or the kids to come over and play for a while so you can sleep or whatever. Or if you need someone to run to the store for you. Please don't hesitate to ask! And, congratulations!

Michelle said...

It is what's it's like with teenagers sometimes and it is heartbreaking. But it's usually pretty awesome. Isn't it nice to be a SAHM and be able to get all the loves and cuddles and time with our babies. I feel more sad when I see kids who don't care whether they see their mom's or not because they are so used to them having to be gone all the time.

Lara said...

I have had similar things happen at my house after bringing home a new baby or coming home from a vacation. I think it is totally normal.

Marylin said...

Oh man I remember when Grace was little and I had been in the hospital after my appendix burst and she wouldn't have anything to do with me for days after I got home!! It broke my heart!! Glad he got over it quicker!! He loves his Mama!! :) Boys are great aren't they?!?! :)

Jenny B said...

Congrats on your new little one! You will be a busy mommy. He is a cutie!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com