Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My run in with the "Law"

Yes I had a minor situation with a member of the "Law enforcement." Okay, so it was just a security guard on a power trip, but he really ticked me off! The other night I had to go to the airport to pick up my cousin. I followed the signs to where she said the shuttle would drop her off, but I couldn't see her so I pulled into a spot to call her. The Security guard rolled over on his bike and asked what I was doing. I explained and he just said very nicely that the area was only for shuttles and buses. He told me where I needed to go and how to get there. I thanked him and pulled out. I went a little ways and saw her sitting there so she ran over to jump in. The same guy rode over and just started chewing me out. I assured him I didn't feel as if I were above the law like he stated and that I was not trying to disrespect him like he accused, I just didn't think it was that big of a deal. If I knew that this going to cause such a problem I would have gone to the other level. I know that in the end I guess I was wrong and should have gone where he told me, but I didn't feel that the situation called for him to tear into me like he did. He kept threatening to give me a ticket and I wanted to just tell him that I'd take a ticket if it would shut him up. I'm not against being told that I'm wrong, but I didn't need to be torn into like he did. I think in the end he really wanted me to get upset and react and in one hand I wish I would have, but I know it wouldn't have helped the situation. I could go more into what he got mad at me for, but I won't bore you. Just a warning to watch out for security guards on a power trip.

2 comments:

Cori White said...

man he must of been having a bad day.. watch out! ill keep that in mind.. good luck with the upcoming baby.. miss you guys

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun... Sometimes not reacting is more satisfying than yelling and screaming.



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com