Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday. We had a wonderful weekend. We headed to Panguitch which we were so excited to do--mainly because Haley and Hunter were there and we missed them terribly. Michael and I did have a little date on the way up and stopped to see the movie Hancock with Will Smith. It was nice to have some time together. We decided last minute to head to Richfield for the 4th--they actually have a few events going (Panguitch has a 2 minute parade). The parade was fun and the kids got quite a bit of candy. The park afterwards proved to be way to much for us--it was crazy busy and it was difficult to even walk around. I was so excited to run into some old friends and it ended up that I didn't see anybody, I couldn't believe I didn't see anybody I knew. That night we enjoyed the fireworks in Panguitch, they had a great show for a small town. The next morning I got to escape and go to breakfast with my good friends ShaLayne and Sally. It was so nice to catch up and visit. We started planning our class reunion for next year (I'm not saying how long ago I graduated). We headed home later that day so we could be back for a baby blessing. Michael's brother and wife blessed baby Conner--we were glad we were able to make it. Anyway, it was a great and very busy weekend. It will be nice to stay home this week and recuperate--oh, and detox my kids from Grandma and Papa mode.
Enjoying the Parade

Oh Haley What a Poser!

Hunter hated the fireworks--he scares easily. The smoke rising is from some of those stinky snake fireworks. He could handle those.

Harmon was good, but didn't love the heat a whole lot. It was a little warm that day!

3 comments:

The Finks said...

how fun! Are you guys going up there for the 24th? I think Clint is going to be up there but I have to work because they decided to celebrate on thursday. Lame huh.

Lara said...

I wish I would have known you were there, we would have loved to have seen you!

Unknown said...

I am glad you guys had a good time. I agree that it is fun to visit and be with family, but it is so nice to come back home!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com