Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Mom Moment"

So Friday night we went out running a few errands. Michael wanted to check out the new Sportsman Warehouse and I needed to go get a few things at Target. I have to admit I wasn't in the best of moods and was a little short with the kids and Michael (Sorry!) We rushed home to make dinner and get kids in bed because we had an early soccer game Saturday, when at the end I had a total Mom Moment. I was standing in the kitchen doing dishes and looked out into the family room to see Haley dancing in her PJ's as she watched Barbie and the Diamond Castle, Hunter was watching her laughing, and Michael sitting in the recliner rocking a happy Harmon. I had an overwhelming feeling of joy hit me and I admit a tear escaped. It's funny how these little moments hit and make me realize how truly thankful I am for all that the Lord has blessed me with. I know I take much for granted, so I'm glad Heavenly Father blesses me with these "Mom Moments" to remind me of all my little blessings. I wish a camera could capture how I truly saw it in my mind, but it's impossible. It's my prayer that I have many more moments to come!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Our hearts take better pictures of these moments anyway...

Danielle said...

I love those moments. It seems that they come when we need them the most!

Lara said...

Those moments are the best! I am glad you were able to capture it in your heart and be happy. Otherwise being a mom would be a lot harder!

Cori White said...

I always feel bad when im being a brat and then see stuff like that... its like a little reality check :)
We are all truly blessed..

Heather said...

Thank goodness for mom moments or we would find it highly reasonable to jump on a plane and move to the beach! Heather



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com