Monday, September 29, 2008

Where's Fall?


I love the fall, but I think it got lost this year! I've done all I can to welcome it, but it doesn't feel like it's here quite yet. I put up my Halloween decorations, school started, it's getting darker earlier, general conference is coming, the pumkin candle is burning, and I even changed my blog background. Yet the tree in my front yard has new flowers and the temperature gage on the car said it was 102 yesterday. OCTOBER is only a few days away! I guess I shouldn't get to eager I still have some baby weight to loose before I can fit into my favorite pair of jeans. The shorts and Capri's will stay for a while longer. A weekend in Utah would probably cure my longing, but because of soccer we can't get away for a weekend until November, by then it will be so cold in Panguitch I'll want to stay home. I guess there is just no pleasing me! For all of you out there enjoying your fall weather please have a bowl of soup for me and cuddle up in a nice warm blanket.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yummy soup and hot fresh baked rolls sound soooo good...but you're so right -it's too HOT! Mmmmm and hot cocoa. And I'm looking forward to being able to open my window blinds all the way without baking everyone in the house! And driving my kids around all day without melting. Fall is my favorite time of year but it always skips over Vegas. :(

Lara said...

I am ready for fall as well, but I am not complaining. Yesterday when we got out of the car for church, I couldn't not believe how hot it was. I am totally in soup mode, but it is still to hot to make yet. And I think a trip to Panguitch would cure you. We drove through there one early morning in August on our way to Lake Powell. We stopped and I nearly froze when I got out of the car. It was sooo cold, and it was August!

Travis and Rhonda said...

When "winter" comes in Vegas, I'll be the one wishing we were back there! You can post pictures of a mild winter and light jackets and I'll be posting snow drifts & bundled up kids.

kate said...

I hear ya! I long for fall, but it's still SO hot here in St.George as well. I really want that the crisp air to come sooner! :)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com