Sunday, March 8, 2009

First Game

Go RED SOX!!! We had our first game yesterday. It was so fun to watch the kids and cheer them on. At the beginning of the first inning we were really nervous. We have 11 kids on the team and not 1 of them has played before. We played the Dodgers and had seen them practice the week before and man they were good, we just knew we were in trouble. We ended up doing GREAT! All the kids had some great hits and we even got some outs. We only had time to play 3 innings, and one of them we got all 3 outs. The kids were so excited! No, we don't keep score because everyone gets to hit, but we count it as a win because we got more outs than they did. Haley did so good. She got out once, her little legs don't run to fast, but she had some really good hits. She played 2nd base, pitcher, and in the outfield. She had some good plays and will only improve from here.
I thought I'd get to sit back and enjoy the game, but I ended up in the dugout directing kids and keeping everyone from climbing the fences. It's fun to be part of the team, but it's tough with Harmon and Hunter there. Luckily we have great friends there to help us out and watch kids. I am so thankful to them! Our next game is Thursday night and Michael and I are excited to see how everyone does in game #2. LETS GO RED SOX!!!!

1 comment:

Lara said...

Your banner looks great! That t-ball looks like some serious stuff! I bet it is so fun though. I am glad you are the red socks since you guys are such fans, how fun!



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com