Saturday, March 7, 2009

Opening Night

Well T-Ball has started and we're going full force. Michael is coaching and Haley is loving every minute of it. We were lucky enough to get the Red Sox, so it's fun to have something to wear to the games. We've been practicing for a few weeks, but Friday was the official Opening Night. They had a ceremony where all the kids names were announced and they all walked onto the field. The kids had fun doing that part, but the rest was a little boring for them. It's hard to keep 5 year olds entertained for an hour while they just sit there. They also did a basket raffle and all the kids got one ticket on the basket of their choice. It is a fun idea, but the kids were very disappointed not to win anything. It would be nice if each team did a basket for another team and each team won something, but that's just my idea. It was a fun event though and with that many kids it went pretty smooth. We did have a little panic at the end when everyone was clearing off the field, one of the kids decided to go a different direction and nobody could find him. His poor Mom looked very concerned and all the coaches were running wild looking for him. We finally found him in the dugout where he was just looking around. His Mom was pretty upset with him, I guess he has a talent for wandering. It made us all nervous for a few minutes with so many people around. It was a cold night so I was glad to return to my warm house when it was over. Poor Michael is helping coach another team and he had a game after the opening ceremonies so he had to bear the cold for longer than we did. I left Harmon home with a babysitter and I was sooooo glad I did. He's got double ear infections and the cold just wouldn't have been good! We have a fun team and look forward to seeing them play an actual game.

This is the dreaded banner that I've been stressing over for the last couple weeks. I'm not known for being very creative and I'm glad it's done! It me forever to get done, just because I doubt myself so much and need someone sitting there encouraging me. Maybe next year's will be better.

2 comments:

ShaLayne said...

What a fun night. The banner turned out cute!!

Ryan, Ronni, Chrissy, Ryne and Conner. said...

Wow you are the RED SOX, wonder how you got to be them?



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com