Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July

So our 4th didn't go quite as planned. We were planning on heading to Utah for a Christensen Family Reunion, but after a week of the whole family being sick we decided to stay close to home. Harmon started us off and totally emptied his stomach on me right as we got to my sister-in-law's baby shower. I loved the 45 minute drive home covered in puke. I guess I should feel more bad for him than me, but he slept the whole way home. A few days later I woke up at 1:00 am sick, then Haley was up at 1:30, and Hunter started at 3:30. Needless to say I called Michael at work at 4:00 in the morning and begged him to come home and help me. The illness continued the next day and by about 6:00 in the evening the kids finally got dressed. It took me a few days to get back on my feet, but by Saturday we were all recovered.

Since we were stuck at home we wanted to make it a fun day for the kids so we went to Ice Age 3 that morning then headed to a BBQ with some friends at their parents house. We showed up expecting hot dogs and a little swimming, but got ribs, steak, swimming, and a slip n slide. (Thanks for the invite Mike and Jaunita--it was a blast!) We made it home for fireworks with our neighbors and our neighborhood didn't disappoint! The illegal stuff was EVERYWHERE! I was glad we didn't fight the crowds to watch at one of the casinos. The kids had a blast with the fireworks, Hunter usually cries thru all of them, but he just sat and watched. As we sat and visited with good friends and I watched my cute family have fun I was so full of gratitude. I had been in a "poor me" state for a few days, but I feel blessed just to have my family healthy and by my side. Hopefully everyone else had a great 4th of July to!
Haley enjoying the Slip n SlidePool Fun!Hunter with his MusclesThis was the funnest part of the day--watching Mike and Mike on the Slip n Slide. What kids!

4 comments:

Lara said...

I am glad you are all feeling better! Sounds like your 4th of July turned out pretty good after all. Next time you come to Richfield for the 4th, we should plan a time to meet.

Lara said...

Also I was going to tell you that my parents converted the library into a make shift bedroom. It now houses a queen size bed. With all of the family at home, Kirk and I were assigned to sleep there and I thought of you. I remember when you stayed with us for a little while and that was your room:)

Dave and Kristin said...

Sorry you all got sick. I know all about the puke on the shirt, that has become an accessory for me lately. I wish you guys would have made it to Richfield. I was looking for you. It seems like we are never there at the same time. Let me know next time you are planning a trip and we will for sure be there. Sounds like your 4th was a lot of fun!

Cori White said...

that last slip n slide picture is great. im sure that hurt the next day. those boys are crazy but if one had to .. the other one joined.. too funny wish we were there to eat some of that yummy food



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com