So we've hit a few milestone in our family.
Haley----
A few weeks ago I got her kindergarten information, I admit I almost cried when I read it, my baby girl is growing up! She got track 4, which I guess is an okay track (I"m clueless to this year round school thing!). We've done most of her school shopping and I must say she got spoiled rotten, but it's really fun to buy clothes for her--she looks cute in everything! Next milestone for her is she has a loose tooth. I gave her an apple yesterday, but she wouldn't bite it because she said it made her tooth hurt. I noticed her loose tooth and she was soooo excited and ready for the tooth fairy to come. It's not ready to come out quite yet, but it's on its way. Haley has also learned to hold her breath and swim under water, she is still really timid, but loves the water way more than years past!
Hunter---
He's getting ready to start pre-school and is way more excited than I thought he'd be. We let him pick out a backpack and boy was he excited. I think he'd sleep with it if I let him. Another biggie for Hunter is that he's been staying in his bed lately. For the longest time I found him on the couch every morning. He learned that he got in trouble for waking me up, so he'd just come lay on the couch and fall asleep. Also this year he gained some confidence in the water and will swim with floatee's on. In years past he has been attached to Michael or I and wouldn't even come near the water unless we were holding him.
Harmon---
Oh boy is this little boy growing up! He has his legs and runs everywhere. If he sees an open door he darts for it, he wants to be outside all the time! He is a huge copycat and will TRY to do whatever his big brother and sister do. He has learned to eat with a spoon, which means less mess for me to clean up although he'd be happy with a bath after every meal. The biggest thing for me with Harmon is that we haven't had a eczema break out for about a week now. I think the pillow I had in his crib was making it way worse. It's not gone completely, but it is a TON better. My favorite thing he does is the cracker dance. Every time you give him a cracker he cocks his head from side to side and says cracker in a funny excited way. I laugh every time he does it! He still likes to be rocked to sleep, but he'll go to bed great just by giving him his blanket. He is a character and keeps us laughing all the time. He seems to grow up more and more everyday.
My milestone is basically this pregnancy coming to an end. It has gone pretty fast and I'm realizing that I am so not ready for this baby to get here, I better get in gear because it's only 4 weeks away. If I can get thru those 4 weeks without melting or complaining about the heat it will be a miracle! I'll try to keep my whining to a minimum.
2 comments:
Alleen, I still remember sitting at your house and hearing your dad tell my parents that you saw the tooth fairy the night before. I was blown away, and from then on I tried to catch her. It wasn't until later that I realized what your dad was getting at.
Sound like everyone is growing up. Hope all is well.
Sometimes it is hard for me to believe that my friends have kids etc. That is a whole different life that is hard for me to relate to. I need some little friends to play with.
I sure feel like I have A LOT of catching up to do. Ü
Post a Comment