Friday, July 10, 2009

To be like Ruby

There is a very annoying show that my kids love to watch called Max and Ruby. It's on Noggin and is about a brother and sister bunny. Ruby is the big sister and is usually in charge of her brother Max who gets something on his mind and won't change his mind for anything. Yesterday's episode the only words that Max spoke were "Tow Truck". So Ruby made it her mission to find his tow truck and put off what she wanted to do to help him. In the end helping Max is how she accomplished what she was trying to do for herself. Anyway, I'm not sure if this even makes sense, but I think I need to be more like Ruby. She is the most patient person in the world (okay-yes-she is a cartoon), she never looses it even though all she hears all day is "Tow Truck, Tow Truck."

The reason I bring this up is because my patience has been INCREDIBLY short lately. I feel like all I do all day long is yell at my kids to be quiet, to clean up, and to quit fighting. In the end it is exhausting just to get the basics done. I blame some of it on the pregnancy and the fact that I'm a little tired, but I'm trying to teach them especially Haley that even though you are tired you can't act like a snot. I guess maybe I should listen to my own advice. Anyway, my goal is to be more like Ruby and be more patient with my three little monsters that I LOVE so much.

One thing my kids have picked up from this show is a name for our new addition. There is a baby on the show named "Huffington." What do you think--it is an "H" name?

3 comments:

Cori White said...

i think that h name would be a bit much, but hey.. whatever works. if the kids like it why not.
the theme song to that show always gets in my head..
do you have any names yet? you are way closer than I..
the only one we really like and have talked about is Charlee Ann.. but not forsure yet

Unknown said...

How about Howard... Howie Nelson (sounds like a movie producer) Or Horace (sounds like "horse race"). My telephone guy Homer says he'll pay anyone $100 to name the kid Homer.

Marylin said...

Oh I love Max and Rudy! I love how good she is to her brother! Um the name, well, it's interesting but it does start with 'H' :) I still can't believe that you are expecting because the last time I saw you, you were pregnant with Harmon and I was pregnant with James and now James is almost 18 months! Where does the time go!?! :)



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com