day 7- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
I can't possibly name all the people in my life that have had a big impact on me. I've been blessed to be surrounded by people who are truly good examples. I did think of something that has had a large impact and that is the blessing of the temple. I love going to the temple and crave feeling the blessings as I enter the door. I remember going thru for the first time as I was preparing to leave on my mission. I loved every minute of it and couldn't wait to return. I visited as often as I could until I left and missed it horribly on my mission. 18 months without it is a very long time! In fact as I was flying home we had a lay over in St. Louis and ran to do a session, we almost missed our flight home (In fact the Elders Did miss the flight). Needless to say there is now a rule that missionaries are no long allowed to do that! After my mission I made it a point to go to the temple at least once a month, but it worked out to be once a week. A few years later I was married in the St. George Temple. What joy fills my heart knowing that my family is sealed together for eternity. I thank Heavenly Father for that every day! The temple still has the same impact on me each time I visit.

No comments:
Post a Comment